Most people nowadays actually don’t like caffeine in anything. And because most people don’t like caffeine anymore, almost every supplement company out there are coming up with ways to reduce caffeine content or to market their products as “clean energy” or “stim-free.”
But 5% Nutrition ain’t like no trendy supplement company.
Instead of catching the waves and riding it, 5% Nutrition actually does the exact opposite and comes out with 5150 pre workout, a supplement advertised as “a stim junkies dream pre workout.” The angry guy in the picture, the “STIM-CRAZY” label, and the yellow caffeine warning should tell you that if you somehow missed the message.
I’ve seen 5% Nutrition 5150 pre workout being talked about in forums and it seems to be a really popular supplement. But, I have to wonder if it’s really good or if it’s just the caffeine talking. Check my 5% Nutrition 5150 pre workout review to find out.
About 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout
5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout is founded on the legacy of Rich Piana, an American bodybuilder who lives on the 5% principle. The principle is explained as living and doing what 95% of the population wouldn’t to achieve his goals and dreams. The company also has a ton of brand ambassadors and athletes, some of which I personally know or have met in previous conferences.
Other than supplements, 5% Nutrition also sells apparel and even membership and ambassador programs.
Why is PreFierce by TruFierce considered the #1 pre-workout right now? For starters there are zero proprietary blends, so you know exactly what you're putting in your body. Second, the formula is based on science. Every single ingredient is exhaustively research-backed, and dosed properly. Third, according to thousands of customers their signature gummy bear flavor is amazing. Benefits include:
- Insane muscle pumps
- Increased power and strength
- Supercharged energy without the crash
- Faster recovery time
- Boosts fat loss
- Laser focus
- Solid credentials. 5% Nutrition isn’t just some random company who wants to sell cheap supplements.
- Crazy label. They actually advertise themselves as being loaded with stimulants.
- One scoop only: No fancy ways to take it or dosing recommendations, just a scoop and you’re good to go.
- Warning labels. You’d have to be blind not to see the caffeine warning.
Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout Review: nutrition label
Other Ingredients: Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide, Red #40, & Blue #1
Directions: As a dietary supplement for adults, mix ONE serving (1 scoop) of 5150 pre-workout with 6-8 ounces of water 20-30 minutes before training on an empty stomach. Do not exceed recommended servings. To avoid sleeplessness, do not take within 4 hours of bedtime.
5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout Review: ingredients list
With a serving of 12.5 g, it’s hard to see how 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout could get this wrong. Pre workouts with huge serving sizes have a lot of room to grow as well as have a wide margin for error. However, some companies either fill the space with fluff or unnecessary additions to make the label look better. Is 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout like those companies?
- We have ample dosages of B3 and B12. B vitamins are critical for muscle repair and performance. If the huge B12 dosing worries you, rest assured B vitamins are water soluble and are often excreted when you take a piss. Also, that much dosing is due to the poor form of B12. The one you want is Methylcobalamin.
- The plainest form of an otherwise great nitric-oxide booster. What you want for massive pumps is citrulline malate, but at 4,000 mg we ain’t complaining.
- Beta Alanine (CarnoSyn). This itchy ingredient is known for its strength and endurance benefits. We also have it as CarnoSyn, the most premium form of beta alanine in the market.
- Taurine works on muscle hydration which in turn, also indirectly helps with muscle recovery. It’s also shown to have benefits for fat loss and even pump.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. This is a more bioavailable version of Tyrosine, a nootropic that helps with focus, mood, and stress which are all rocked during a tough workout.
- Choline Bitartrate. This is the plainest and least absorbed form of a brain nutrient. It has similar benefits to tyrosine as a nootropic as well as added brain-boosting power for cognition.
STIM-CRAZY CAFFEINE COMPLEX
After a great start, we have a prop blend for their energy complex. I mean, do you really need to make energy blends this complicated, bro?
- Caffeine anhydrous. It only makes sense to see caffeine in an energy blend. with a huge dose of 400mgs.
- Dicaffeine Malate. This is a combination of malic acid and caffeine, providing 50% caffeine. This form is said to be easier on the gut as well as help prevent jitters and crashing.
- Caffeine from Green tea. On its own, green tea is an awesome fat burner and part of its fat burning effects is due to its caffeine content. Now, we don’t know how much caffeine we have here, but typical green tea supplements (the non-decaf ones) declare up to 10% caffeine.
- Yerba Mate. Yerba mate is a popular caffeine alternative known to possess similar benefits coupled with a slow-release effect to give the user sustainable energy throughout the workout period or the rest of the day.
- Guarana Extract std to 22%. Another caffeine substitute that’s been proven to get you extra energy minus the awful side effects.
- Green coffee bean. Green coffee beans are considered premium fat burners not just for the caffeine, but also for its chlorogenic acid content. Chlorogenic acid, without going too technical, activates some of your body’s processes that convert fat to energy. As good as that sounds, it’s not standardized and we’re not sure just how much Green coffee bean we have here to judge if it’s a relevant addition or not.
5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout Review: formula analysis
5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout’s formula looks long, but it’s actually among the shortest pre workouts we’ve reviewed yet if you count the redundant energy blend.
If I can sum up 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout’s formula, it would be composed of three things: Pump, anti-stress, and energy.
5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout’s pump blend is looking sharp with ample dosages for Citrulline, Beta Alanine, and Taurine. These three ingredients require heavy dosing to work as advertised and I think they did consumers justice with the dosing provided. Citrulline in particular needs that much given that it’s not the Citrulline Malate we want.
NALT and Choline are decently dosed relative to how nootropics are more or less optional in pre workouts. NALT in particular helps in stress and focus, so getting 750 mg of the premium form of tyrosine is actually impressive.
Then we have the overcomplicated energy blend. I say overcomplicated because the only requirements to a real “STIM CRAZY” caffeine blend are two things: Caffeine (duh!) and something to counteract its side effects like theanine. What 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout did is add caffeine and get a bunch of caffeine-like sources from herbs that don’t share most of its side effects. That looks good on paper, but I’m totally not sold, bro.
With a total dose of 400 mg, you can expect big energy. With that much caffeine, I’ll be one surprised mother-effer if you didn’t get jitters or the sweats as we call it.
So, really good pumps and strength, okay nootropics, and a shitton of energy. It’s a standard combo with a twist in the case of 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout’s energy stack. Not too shabby, but nothing extraordinary.
Protip: If you’re not sure about the caffeine content, I suggest you take half the scoop and just add in some of the ingredients you want and mix them together. That way, you’ll get the benefits you want while also doubling 5% Nutrition 5150 pre workout’s shelf life.
So, does 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout work?
Oh it works alright, and I bet you you’ll feel it work if only because that much caffeine will not pass through your body unnoticed. Then there’s also the pump factor which will definitely put you in the mood to lift big iron. The only thing I’m not sure about is the nootropic benefit, but that should be treated as an added bonus and not a mandatory function for pre workouts.
Does 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout have a lot of caffeine?
One serving is declared to possess 400 mg of the stimulant. So yeah, it’s a lot.
So, is 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout any good or just hype?
The hype around 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout is probably more on the caffeine’s effects and not really about much else. Although it does do its job when it comes to lifts, I think many people confuse “this thing works” with “bro, I feel so energized!” And yes, there’s a huge difference.
Benefits and side effects
5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout should help you lift good and feel good lifting. The benefits for power outweigh the benefits for muscle recovery, but you can get good gains with this nonetheless.
5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout’s definitely for bros who have taken too much caffeine to go back to “low” dosages. I actually think 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout’s main selling point is the stimulants and not the muscle benefits. After all, 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout does have “STIM CRAZY” on its label.
CarnoSyn should reduce itching from beta alanine.
The alternate sources of caffeine should kind of mitigate some of the stim-related side effects like jitters, crashing, and headaches. Again, if 5% Nutrition 5150 pre workout just added theanine instead of caffeine substitutes, we wouldn’t be concerned with side effects.
5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout Review: pros and cons
- Intelligent formula. It may not have the best ingredients, but they know what they’re doing.
- Good dosing. Can’t really say anything bad about dosages.
- Okay price. Not too expensive if I do say so myself.
- Lots of energy. If you need a perk me up, chug one down and become the Flash.
- Side effects. That much caffeine should scare you.
- No anti-caffeine. I’d rather have theanine than a bunch of clean caffeine sources.
- 1 Can (30 servings): $32.95
- 1 Can (60 servings): $52.99
- Available on their website, Amazon, and GNC.
- Flavors: Green Apple, Pomegranate, Passion Fruit, and Wildberry.
5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout Review: summary
Based on what I’ve seen, 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout is actually more than just one big stimulant powder. It can deliver massive pumps, extend some benefits for focus and stress, and of course unleash a huge jolt of energy for your daily gym grind. You will not be lack of strength and determination when you take 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout, that’s for sure.
5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout takes pride in having dangerously high amounts of caffeine. While most companies would rather claim to have minimal amounts, 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout’s consumers would rather feel a huge buzz than feel next to nothing.
If you can tolerate the mad caffeine dosage, 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout is a must-try. If you’re not a fan of the “buzz,” there are plenty of amazing pre workouts that do what 5% Nutrition 5150 Pre-workout can and more minus the side effects of huge stimulant dosaging.