Just like insurance, the right supplements cost more than a bit of money and you pay for it monthly, quarterly, or yearly depending on your buying preferences. And just like insurance, supplements aren’t cheap, and so choosing the right supplement matters.
The guys at RSP Nutrition think they got the answer for those with a small budget, but still want to have a good time at the gym. It’s called RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout, a supplement created to be completely functional and cost-effective.
It’s true that the best supplements come at a price, but can RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout be good enough to make us think twice? Read my RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout review to find out!
About RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout
RSP Nutrition is a decade-old supplement company founded by former college athletes. They also focus on creating functional supplements that won’t burn a hole through your wallet which is always a plus in any industry.
RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout is claimed to be the most comprehensive pre workout. They say it’s meant to provide intense energy, lots of pumps, and boost overall training capacity.
- Formula transparency. The bros at RSP Nutrition know the value of honesty and that’s something we should all respect.
- Short stack. A quick bang for a small buck, eh?
- Cool bottle design. Reminds me of Tron and some 90’s arcade games.
RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout: nutrition label
Other Ingredients: Natural flavors, citric acid, sucralose, silicon dioxide, fruit & vegetable juice (for color), acesulfame potassium.
Why is PreFierce by TruFierce considered the #1 pre-workout right now? For starters there are zero proprietary blends, so you know exactly what you're putting in your body. Second, the formula is based on science. Every single ingredient is exhaustively research-backed, and dosed properly. Third, according to thousands of customers their signature gummy bear flavor is amazing. Benefits include:
- Insane muscle pumps
- Increased power and strength
- Supercharged energy without the crash
- Faster recovery time
- Boosts fat loss
- Laser focus
Directions: Mix one scoop with 6-10 oz of cold water and consume 15-30 minutes before training. Do not exceed more than one scoop.
RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout: ingredients list
RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout likes to keep things short with their formula. Minus the vitamins and minerals, we only have 7 key ingredients. What I like about short stacks is you’re almost guaranteed a good dose for each ingredient.
And with RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout’s serving size at 7.5 grams, I think it’s fair to assume that they’ll have the right doses for the right ingredients.
- Beta alanine. Beta alanine is the de facto ingredient for optimum muscle endurance that doubles as a muscle recovery catalyst. The only side effect you can possibly have is the itching sensation associated with big dosages. However, we’re not really sure if you’ll even experience the urge to scratch because the 2 grams we have here is in the “average” dosage range.
- Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate. Also known as AAKG, this ingredient is more than just a monster pump ingredient. The arginine definitely helps with vascularity and nitric oxide production, but the AKG part helps the body absorb the arginine better as well as the other compounds in RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout.
- Taurine’s best benefits are for our muscle cells. It helps keep them hydrated which gives your muscles extra pumps as well as prevent muscle dehydration, enabling you to workout longer. You can say it’s like a watered version of arginine and with a bit of beta alanine’s influence.
- Choline bitartrate. This form of choline is the weakest and cheapest. It’s such a shame too since choline is capable of boosting focus and mental awareness which is important during the toughest of workouts. Maybe the 1000 mg can help with the bioavailability, but don’t expect too much.
- We have a lot of energy with 300 mg of caffeine, bro. While I like caffeine, I think 300 mg is too high. I always say the recommended dosage for caffeine maxes out at 250 mg because any more and you’re at risk for some of its infamous side effects. You also risk developing a tolerance to caffeine.
- Alpha GPC 50% (Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline). Well, well. I bashed RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout for its cheap choline bitartrate, but seeing Alpha GPC (which is a really awesome cholinergic ingredient) makes me smile. It’s known to help with all things brain related especially focus, memory, and even brain health. The problem is we only have it at 200 mg per servings.
- Citrus Aurantium (Bitter Orange). This is the raw form of synephrine, a new-age stimulant that tweaks the thyroid to release more fat burning hormones for more energy. While citrus aurantium itself is okay, it would have been better if it was pure synephrine or at least standardized for synephrine. Even with 100 mg, we have no idea how much synephrine we have here.
- Black Pepper Extract (BioPerine). I love this in RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout. BioPerine makes every little ingredient in RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout much more bioavailable, making even underdosed ingredients functional. It has limits, though, but I’m just happy we get to see this premium ingredient here.
RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout: formula analysis
RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout started pretty wobbly, but sort of redeemed itself in the end. As I mentioned, I like short stacks because the mistakes you can make with synergy and dosing is significantly reduced, but it also makes each ingredient that much more important. One wrong dosing or one mismatched ingredient can ruin the entire formula.
Based on my RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout review so far, I think the pre workout can:
- Boost your energy to new heights. The 300 mg caffeine is a definite source of workout energy, but the added support of citrus aurantium should help you sustain the energy for longer periods. The addition of taurine and beta alanine in the mix can also help delay fatigue.
- Some pumps. It’s not impressive, but you should still feel some pump in your muscles.
- Decent focus and mental energy. Nootropics are rare additions in pre workouts as many companies still don’t see the brain as an important organ in exercise. Crazy, right? While choline bitartrate is a poor excuse of a cholinergic, RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout sort of makes up for it with a tiny dose of Alpha GPC.
The added BioPerine also boosts the overall efficacy of RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout’s formulation which is always a good thing. In fact, I think BioPerine should be a staple ingredient in every supplement because it doesn’t really take that much space.
Based on my assessment, RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout works a lot like your typical cost-effective pre workout. It has a little bit of everything and is purely stim-driven. If nothing else works, the 300 mg caffeine should set you off to a workout rage.
Speaking of caffeine, the BioPerine also boosts this effect so you may have 300 mg in a serving, but it may feel like so much more. Not to mention the side effects are also amplified and without an anti-caffeine ingredient like theanine, things are going to get a little too jittery and crashy my bro.
Writer’s Note: I usually address the underdosing problems by recommending a dose-increase, but the 300 mg caffeine makes that impossible. You’re better off adding a fat dose of citrulline or creatine than doubling the serving size.
So, does RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout work?
It checks all the boxes, but in a more conservative manner. The pumps you will get is minimal, the endurance is pretty good, and the energy will be more than you’ll ever need. There’s also an angle on focus and mental clarity, but it’s more of an unwanted bonus given that RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout could have allocated the nootropic dosages for the “muscle” ingredients.
Does RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout have a lot of caffeine?
It has 300 mg of caffeine and that is equivalent to three cups of freshly brewed coffee. If you’re used to big sizes of coffee or a regular drinker, the 300 mg shouldn’t be that bad but let me remind you that you’ll be taking ALL THREE CUPS in one go. Just so you know, bro.
So, is RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout any good or just hype?
I’m not sure if it’s even hyped as I don’t know anyone who buys from RSP Nutrition. However, if it’s half as popular as some of the supplements I’ve reviewed in the past, then RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout is definitely overhyped.
It may have decent levels of pump & endurance and some nootropic action, but it’s really just driven by caffeine. Basically, you will most likely feel caffeine surging through your body (and your temples, if you’re unlucky) and not the actual ingredients.
RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout Review: benefits for muscle
The only real muscle benefit I see here is the muscle recovery part. There’s also a consideration for the strength and endurance, but it’s not particularly impressive from my perspective.
Who is RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout made for?
Well, RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout is definitely made for lifters who like a lot of caffeine in their stacks. That, and users who are just starting out and thought RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout was what a badass supplement has to be. Not to mention RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout is within the “cheap” ranges too, so bros looking to save some cash might be looking at it.
RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout Review: side effects
The side effects you have to worry about all come from the caffeine. That 300 mg dosage is no laughing matter, bro. If you’re sensitive, there’s a good chance that you will experience jitters, sweats (lots of it), headaches, and a hard crash. We all know what it’s like to drink too much coffee, it’s definitely not a feeling you want while benching 300 lbs.
RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout Review: pros and cons
- No prop blend. They show everything that I needed to review.
- Synergistic design. Not added for the sake of adding ingredients.
- Boatloads of energy. So much energy you might have to do cardio AFTER weights to wear it off.
- It’s becoming popular again.
- Best ingredient to tie everything together.
- I can see why it may have a lot of fans.
- No theanine. You can’t have that much caffeine and not add theanine, bro.
- Plenty of potent ingredients, lacking in dosing.
- Small pumps only. What do you even do with 1 gram of arginine?
- 1 Can (30 servings): $24.97
- Available online and in retail stores
- Flavors: Lemonade, Fruit Punch, Wild Berry
RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout Review: summary
RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout is the kind of pre workout you buy when you’ve run out of your usual stack and you’re also a bit low on cash this month. It’s also the kind of pre workout you consider taking when you have some leftover stacking ingredients and you want to use a cheap supplement as base.
What I’m saying is, RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout is by no means a bad product. In fact, it’s within the standard brands I’ve reviewed. However, it’s not exactly something that long-time users would want to buy especially when they’ve felt what elite products can do.
If you do choose to buy RSP Nutrition DyNO Pre-workout, expect decent strength and endurance, some pumps, some nootropics, and a whole lot of energy. Just be careful of the jitters, bro. No one likes that.