Going full berserk inside the gym is the very thing we want to do after ingesting supplements. However, so few actually give us that intense yet calm rage. Most companies all have some badass sounding names and outrageous claims, and a lot of them fail to back their shit up.
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout is a company that wants you to know they mean it when they say you will wreak absolute havoc inside the gym. Designed for athletes as well as stim junkies who don’t like the aftereffects, it looks like American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout actually got this whole havoc thing down to a science.
Is American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout the real deal or will it just be another hardcore disappointment? Read my American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout review to find out.
About American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout review
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout prides itself as a full disclosure product. That’s just marketing talk for formula transparency and I like that. Many supplement companies are at home with the idea of legally hiding dosages. While that may be a good thing if you have tough competition, it’s not really something that benefits the consumers directly. So, to see companies making sure you see everything is always worth mentioning.
- Heavy serving size. 1 grams is definitely gonna give ingredients a lot of dosage.
- Familiar ingredients. I like seeing traditional ingredients like I do with close friends.
- This claim gets thrown around the industry a lot, so I hope American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout gives it justice.
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout Review: nutrition label
Other Ingredients: Natural & Artificial Flavors, Malic Acid, Silica, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, FD&C Red #40.
As a dietary supplement, take up to 8 weeks before discontinuing for a minimum of 4 weeks. Take only on workout days.
1 Scoop 30 minutes before workout with 6-8 oz water.
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout Review: ingredients list
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout’ formula is divided into two blends, none of which are (thankfully) hiding the doses. Right off the bat, I’m seeing a lot of good ingredients with more than a handful getting adequate dosing. However, I’ve experienced being disappointed with supplements that appear to be great, but end up being average at best, so we’ll just have to see.
HAVOK HARDCORE PUMP TECHNOLOGY
As the name implies, this must be American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout’s driving blend, getting more than 12 grams or roughly 75% of the entire serving size.
- We get a huge serving of 6 whole freaking grams of citrulline, setting the tone for the rest of the formula and I’m telling you, first impressions last, bro. Citrulline is known to help generate more arginine in the body that helps produce more nitric oxide. More nitric oxide equals more pumps. More pumps means more attempts at breaking your max lifts. The problem is, we get the plain, generic citrulline form. Still an impressive dosage, though.
- Beta alanine. Another big ingredient with a big dosage, beta alanine is scientifically proven to help improve endurance and muscle recovery. That dosage is good, but it might also make you feel itchy.
- Imagine betaine as the amalgam of citrulline and beta alanine. It can help produce more nitric oxide by means of increasing vasodilation while also boosting muscle endurance which delays fatigue. It’s not great at what it does, but it supports the two previous ingredients greatly.
- Agmatine Sulfate as Agmass. Another pump-enhancer, but this time in a branded form. At 1 gram, agmatine is already twice as much as the usual dose of 500 mg.
- Taurine helps with pumps in a different way. It helps cellular hydration, so it increases vasodilation by means of enlarging the cells with water.
HAVOK HARDCORE ENERGY & FOCUS FORMULA
This blend is American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout’s nootropic-energy blend and gets roughly 1.3 grams of the remaining serving size. From what I can initially speculate, this blend contains both familiar and rare additions of extracts.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine. This is the best form of tyrosine for focus and at 500 mg, we say it’s good enough.
- It’s rare to see caffeine hitting my sweet spot dose of 250 mg, but when it does I’m in awe. They could have easily pumped it all the way to 350 mg if they wanted, but American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout wanted to make sure their formula works not because of caffeine.
- Choline Bitartrate. Choline is the primary compound responsible for a lot of the brain’s day-to-day functions which includes focus and memory retention. More choline is supposed to help boost brain processes, but not with this form of choline. Bitartrate is cheap, but suffers from really shitty bioavailability.
- 2-Amino-5-methylhexane HCl. Also known as DMAA or DMHA, is actually a really potent stimulant that works like ephedrine that it burns fat for energy. It’s super effective, but it’s also super banned. It’s safe to take, but it depends on the dosage and your personal sensitivity.
- Methyliberine as Dynamine. Dynamine delivers long lasting energy minus the jitters and crash. It works like theacrine, but it’s absorbed faster, but can remain for as long as three hours.
- Dicaffeine Malate as Infinergy. This form of caffeine is supposed to reduce the jitters and crashes while also making the energy delivered slowly and sustainable.
- Hordenine HCl. Works like synephrine when it comes to tweaking the thyroid to release fat burning hormones. The problem is, studies aren’t in full force when it comes to its fat burning properties.
- Rauwolfina vomitoria std. To 90% alpha yohimbine. Yohimbine is a great yet risky stimulant that promotes intense fat burning, but also puts you at risk for high blood pressure and increased heart rate. With that said, you shouldn’t worry about those given the dosage we have it here is too tiny. The standard dosage for yohimbine is around 4 to 5 mg.
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout Review: formula analysis
Looking at American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout’s formula, it’s a mix of really great hits and a few, preventable misses.
I like how American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout appropriately dosed their key muscle-pump ingredients.
We barely see citrulline above 4 grams nowadays, so even with a generic form, I’m really, really fine with it. Beta alanine at 3.2 grams is really a lot and to see it combined with a large dose of citrulline should make a for a really good lift.
Betaine, Agmatine, and Taurine all act as support or accessory ingredients, but boy American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout made sure they were given the doses one would expect from a pro formula maker.
Their energy and focus blend is pretty good too, save for a few nitpicks.
I like the dosing they did for N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine and caffeine. I also like the whole “big energy minus the side effects” angle they did with Dynamine and Dicaffeine Malate. This guarantees a good surge with a low risk for getting those nasty jitters and sweats.
What I don’t like is how they felt the need to add DMAA as well as bother with choline bitartrate.
DMAA is already on its way out of many supplements and though I do recognize its potency as a stimulant, American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout already has more than enough stimulation.
Choline bitartrate would have been slightly acceptable at 500 mg or more, but 200 mg? Nope. Waste of space if you asked me.
Looking back on it, it’s a good thing American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout had such an explosive start. It made the mess of the second blend something you can actually ignore.
So, does American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout work?
You get massive, sustained pumps, a lot of endurance, a good jolt of energy, and just the right amount of focus. American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout works on all angles, but just not at the same efficiency or any form of superlative as some of its elite competitors.
Does American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout have a lot of caffeine?
The 250 mg caffeine is good enough for a safe surge without increasing the risks of jitters, headaches, nausea, and of course the crash. The other “alternative” energy sources also help ignite your senses without burdening your systems.
So, is American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout any good or just hype?
I can definitely see why American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout is hyped. Good dosing overall and an intelligent mix of ingredients purposely added for synergy.
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout Review: benefits for muscle
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout’s pump blend alone would have been enough to make it a really effective pre workout. The dosing for citrulline and beta alanine are pretty much guaranteeing you to a good time when you hit the gym.
Who is American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout made for?
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout is definitely formulated for bros who know what to look for in a supplement. We’re talking about lifters who know a lot about supplements and have favorites, but aren’t so close-minded as to not try something new and quite possibly, something “risky.”
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout Review: side effects
Other than the itch you’ll get from beta alanine, American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout does a great job at adding ingredients that help mitigate the side effects associated with caffeine intake. The dose of 250 mg is also manageable. With that said, your personal sensitivity always plays a role on whether these smart formulations work or not.
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout Review: pros and cons
- Really good dosing. It’s the first thing that catches your eye.
- Massive pumps. If this won’t get you pumped, nothing will.
- Clean energy. They doubled down on the whole “no jitters, crash” thing.
- Generic shit. All the brands are from ingredients we couldn’t care less about.
- It’s good, but it ain’t $55.00 good.
- It’s a serious turn off if you get randomly tested for drugs.
- 1 bottle (25 servings): $54.99
- Flavors: Tigers Blood, Sour Peach, Bombsicle
- Available online and in retail stores
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout Review: summary
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout has all the makings of a really strong pre workout with generally great dosing and formula, but half-assed the quality of the ingredients.
American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout has more than enough pump to get you from start to finish, it helps get your body for day 2, day 3, and more, and boosts your energy in a way that shouldn’t get you wishing for Tylenol.
The big problem here is the lack of attention to detail with regards to which ingredients should be branded. That and the fact that it’s goddamn priced like each ingredient is premium. I wouldn’t even mind the DMAA addition if they can lower the price by $15.00.
If you have a lot of money on hand, American Metabolix Havok Hardcore pre workout could be a good experience. Otherwise, I’ve reviewed a lot of better quality pre workouts at a significantly more tolerable price range.