Ingrid Romero: Bikini Pro Champion and A Fitness Model
Location: Los Angeles, California
Weight: 120 to 124 pounds in the off-season and 120 in-season
I have a friend who has competed for years. She talked me into doing a competition. I started working with my husband and trainer Joe Discuillo and changed my eating habits. I loved the way my body responded so I stepped on stage in my first show in October 2010 feeling great and the rest is history!
Where does your motivation come from?
My beautiful twin baby boys Gianni and Nicco ! I have two sisters and a brother back in Spain, Sara, Marian and Nico. They are my angels, and I have them always in my heart. I love them and miss them so much. Without them none of this would be worth it. Also receiving messages from fans everyday is what keeps me motivated.
Last but not least all of those haters out there, just know that you make me work so much harder !
Why is ShredFierce by TruFierce considered the #1 fat burner right now? For starters, there are zero proprietary blends, so you know exactly what you're putting in your body. Second, their formula is based on science. Every single ingredient is exhaustively research-backed and dosed properly. Third, hundreds of men have already gotten amazing results with it. Benefits include:
- Faster fat loss
- Maintains lean muscle mass
- Boosted metabolism
- Reduced cravings
- Best formulated product
- Worldwide shipping
Why is PreFierce by TruFierce considered the #1 pre-workout right now? For starters there are zero proprietary blends, so you know exactly what you're putting in your body. Second, the formula is based on science. Every single ingredient is exhaustively research-backed, and dosed properly. Third, according to thousands of customers their signature gummy bear flavor is amazing. Benefits include:
- Insane muscle pumps
- Increased power and strength
- Supercharged energy without the crash
- Faster recovery time
- Boosts fat loss
- Laser focus
What is your training routine like?
I work out 6 days a week. I do lots and lots of plyometrics. I lift weights and do cardio 5 to 6 days a week and the most important DIET DIET AND DIET!
I keep track of your nutrition and workouts in a notebook and food journal
Here’s an example of my routine: Ingrid Romero Workout Routine
What does your diet consist of?
My diet consists of very lean foods.
I take in about 2500 calories. Eating 5 to 6 meals a day about 2.5 to 3 hours apart.
My meals consist of lean protein such as chicken, fish, turkey, or egg whites and slow digesting carbs such as oatmeal and sweet potatoes. I also eat lots of fresh veggies to help fill me up and add fiber. I stay away from fried and processed foods, sugar, salt, and dairy.
What would you eat on a typical day?
Here is an example of what I eat to prepare for a competition.
- Breakfast : 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 4 egg whites
- Snack: 1 apple, 15 almonds and a protein shake
- Lunch: 6oz of a lean protein, 1/2 cup brown rice and 10 asparagus
- Snack: 4oz of lean protein, 1 piece of fruit
- Snack: 2 rice cakes with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 4 egg whites
- Dinner: 6 oz of a lean protein, 4oz of sweet potato and 1 cup of veggies
I am big fan of Isagenix supplements because there all 100% natural, organic supplements, chemical free and is the wiser choice to ensure proper nutrition and no toxic ingredients
- Protein powder ISAPRO: Use a protein powder that is high in fiber, protein and essential fats
- Essentials Multi-Vitamin: To promote over-all good health and nutrition. To give your body the added nutrients that you may not be getting enough of through food
- Energy supplements, e+ shot!: Not everyone needs this, but if I need a bit of help before working out after a long day of work I use it
- Maintenance Guide – What to do AFTER you have achieved your transformation
- Natural Accelerator: Carefully selected thermogenic ingredients naturally enhance the body’s fat-burning ability without the shaky feeling you get from stimulants.
- IsaFlush!– Sometimes if I get a cheat meal or I’m retaining water due to hormonal changes, I take IsaFlush! effectively and safely improves digestion, encourages regularity and helps soothe intestinal discomfort
- ISAGENIX GREENS!—A superior blend of the highest-quality nutrient-rich plants
- CLEANSE FOR LIFE—A complete, nutritional whole-body cleanse that aids the body’s natural ability to remove impurities
If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- The first exercise would be Squats/Lunges. I love working my legs and glutes and for me I get the best results from Squats.
- The Second would be incline ab bench with weight because I love the results you get if you stick with it.
- I also like to work my legs because I love the feeling of weights but I have to say I love it all and my husband constantly changes my workouts. We obviously do a lot of lifting in the gym, but we mix it up a lot with plyometric in the sand and track workouts.
Is there anyone in the fitness industry you look up to?
My husband and Team EDGE master trainer Joe Discuillo! He played competitive sports his entire life, has an amazing career in health and fitness and has been a trainer for more than 15 years. Me and my Team EDGE girls will not be where we are without him! He is our rock!
What do you do for your gluteus?
I have always had big glutes. I have worked extremely hard to keep them firm and tight though. When doing my cardio I do different techniques to target the back side.
I will do the elliptical for 20 minutes. I do 3 minutes at 10 incline and a 12 resistance and then the next 3 minutes I will do a 15 incline at a 15 resistance. Increasing the incline really targets my glutes and hamstrings. I also do lots of plyometrics. I do this to try to keep the athletic tone look and not just a big muscular look. My Plyo’s consist of running stairs, leap frogs, jump squats etc. I will switch it up a bit and do the plyo’s in the sand. This really gets the legs and is a great workout. When lifting weights I do lots of Squats, lunges, leg press etc. I stick to doing 3-5 sets and anywhere from 12 to 25 reps depending on the day and how heavy I’m lifting.
Three tips you’d give to someone who’s trying to reach their goal physique?
Work hard in the gym and even harder in the kitchen..
Three words I use.
If you follow these three words you will be good
Where can I follow you?