Margret Gnarr Talks With TheGymLifestyle.com
Margret Gnarr is an IFBB Bikini Competitor, icelandic taekwondo black belt champion, personal trainer and a singer.
Update 15th September 2013: Margret Gnarr is the IFBB World Champion in Bikini Fitness 2013.
Age: 24 years old
Location: Hafnarfjörður, Iceland
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 59 kg
How did you get started with bodybuilding and training?
That story sounds pretty dramatic! Its very hard for me to tell my story with full honesty…
The first time I got a little bit interested in bodybuilding was when the Bikini fitness category started in Iceland in 2008 I think.
I thought the girls were so beautiful but at that time I was more interested in the supermodel look.
Ever since I was 14 years old I had bad eating habits.
I ate as little as I could and trained Taekwondo 3-4 hours a day.
Sometimes I got better for the sake of my family but I always fell back into those bad habits.
It was in the year 2011 when I was at my bottom.
I was 47 kg and starting to get heart problems.
Sometimes my heart would just stop for several seconds.
I was afraid for my life and decided to do something about it once and for all!
My fiancé who is a personal trainer dragged me to the gym and made a workout plan for me and he made sure I was eating enough. After only 2 weeks I was a little bit stronger and I felt better.
I focused on eating more and everything I ate was very clean and healthy. In mid summer I decided to compete!
My first contest was the IFBB Icelandic Cup in November 2011 where I got 3rd place!
Why is ShredFierce by TruFierce considered the #1 fat burner right now? For starters, there are zero proprietary blends, so you know exactly what you're putting in your body. Second, their formula is based on science. Every single ingredient is exhaustively research-backed and dosed properly. Third, hundreds of men have already gotten amazing results with it. Benefits include:
- Faster fat loss
- Maintains lean muscle mass
- Boosted metabolism
- Reduced cravings
- Best formulated product
- Worldwide shipping
Why is PreFierce by TruFierce considered the #1 pre-workout right now? For starters there are zero proprietary blends, so you know exactly what you're putting in your body. Second, the formula is based on science. Every single ingredient is exhaustively research-backed, and dosed properly. Third, according to thousands of customers their signature gummy bear flavor is amazing. Benefits include:
- Insane muscle pumps
- Increased power and strength
- Supercharged energy without the crash
- Faster recovery time
- Boosts fat loss
- Laser focus
After my first show I was hooked and today I have competed 6 times.
Where does your motivation come from?
My motivation comes from my family and friends.
I want to make them proud and I also want to be a good role models for young girls.
What is your training routine like?
- Weight lifting – Back and abs ( 6-8 exercises, 10-15 reps, 3-4 sets of each exercise)
- Cardio – Treadmill Sprints, stair running & Jump robe exercises
- Plyometrics – Sprints, stair jumping, box jumping & step jumping
- Weight lifting – Shoulders, bicep & triceps (4-5 supersets, 20 reps)
What would you eat on a typical day?
- Oatmeal with BSN Lean dessert protein
- 2 CLA
- 6-8 Brasillian nuts
- Wok fried Arctic Char with brown rice & eggs at my fav restaurant NINGS
- 2 CLA
- 2 Rice cakes with 1 tblsp organic peanut butter
- Icelandic Yogurt SKYR with vanilla flavor
- 1 weetabix cookie
- BSN No-Xplode
- Icelandic Protein drink HÁMARK
- Chicken breast,
- unlimited salad
- 1 tblsp cottage cheese
- Optimum nutrition Casein protein
My Favorite healthy recipe is:
My Protein pancake
- 2scoops BSN Syntha 6 chocolate
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbls Organic cocos
- 1 tbls oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Little bit of vanilla flavor
- 1 tsp organic baking powder
If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Jumping lunges! Always hit the glutes!
- Box jumping without a running start! Because I’m good at it.
- Abs in row machine! My fav ab workout at the moment
Is there anyone in the fitness industry you look up to?
So many girls I look up to! I don’t think I can only name one.
- Nikola Weiterova
- Nicole Nagrani
- Nathalia Melo
- India Paulino
- Ashley Kaltwasser
- Ingrid Romero
- All the BN Beauties!!
Three tips you’d give to someone who’s trying to reach their goal physique?
- Be patient is number one!! You won’t achieve your dream look in one day. It can take time! Take one day at a time.
- Make your workouts fun! Get a workout partner, listen to music that get you pumped and do all the exercises you love.
- Find out what gets you motivated and use that to get you through the day.
The only person your should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
More With Margret Gnarr: Hottest Icelandic Bikini Competitors!