Creativity is something the supplement industry is missing. With thousands of supplements just carbon copying the other, it’s almost redundant to read about supplement reviews (but thanks for reading mine, bro!).
Then comes Performix SST, a fat burner that promises to be the actual innovative supplement we’ve been waiting for. And with a price tag of almost $60, I do very well damn hope it has alien technology in its formula.
Can Performix SST’s innovative fat burning formula actually help you achieve your six pack and look better naked? Is it really worth coughing up $60? Read my Performix SST review to find out!
About Performix SST
Performix SST likes to talk a lot about being innovative, a word that’s often abused in the supplement industry. However, I’d like to think they ain’t talking massive BS when it comes to actually being innovative. The formula they have is quite different from most fat burners I’ve seen because they actually have a carrier blend or a mix of ingredients meant to facilitate better absorption.
Why is ShredFierce by TruFierce considered the #1 fat burner right now? For starters, there are zero proprietary blends, so you know exactly what you're putting in your body. Second, their formula is based on science. Every single ingredient is exhaustively research-backed and dosed properly. Third, hundreds of men have already gotten amazing results with it. Benefits include:
- Faster fat loss
- Maintains lean muscle mass
- Boosted metabolism
- Reduced cravings
- Best formulated product
- Worldwide shipping
That idea sounds nice, but aren’t proper dosages better? We’ll see and hopefully, Performix SST nails it on both ends.
- Premium stuff. Those brand names and standardizations, though.
- Prop blend. So much for innovation, bro.
- Why is every Performix supplement so damn expensive?
Performix SST Review: nutrition label
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, sugar, starch, silica, povidone, FD&C Blue#1 Lake, Calcium Silicate
Directions: As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 serving (2 capsules) in the morning on an empty stomach. To assess your tolerance, start with ½ serving (1 capsule) and work up to the full dose. Do not exceed one (1) serving per day. This product should not be taken in combination with other products containing caffeine or other stimulants. Do not take within six (6) hours of bedtime. Please read the entire label before use.
Performix SST Review: ingredients list
Performix SST is a rather unique type of fat burner. I say it’s unique because not only does it make use of ingredients known to burn fat, Performix SST also invested in what they call their Diffusion Carrier Oil.
Thing is, does this unique approach to fat burning make Performix SST a better product or is this a case of investing money on things that people don’t really need? With that price tag, I am more inclined to lean towards the latter.
Speaking of price, you’d think with that price tag Performix SST would be more transparent with their dosages. Bro, I’m not all about paying a premium on a prop blend. You know me, but maybe Performix SST has it down to a science anyway. Let’s just see.
- B Vitamins. Performix SST has a good amount of B vitamins, notably the B12 content at a staggering 41, 667%! This should make sure your piss is as yellow as cheetos. Adding B vitamins in a gym supplement makes sense; b vitamins are among the first nutrients to be lost during exercise as they play a major role in performance as well as energy conversion.
PERFORMIX Suspension Super Thermo Complex, 1, 170 mg
TERRA Pod Ballistic Beadlet
This is the main “fat burning” blend of Performix SST. I’m also assuming it has the bulk of the 1,170 mg serving size because if it doesn’t…well it ain’t worth it.
- Caffeine anhydrous. Glad to at least know the exact dose of caffeine. The 250 mg dosage is just high enough for a good time in the gym, but not so much that it would give you a bad case of side effects. Unless you’re sensitive, of course. The dose is akin to two and a half cups of brewed coffee in case you were wondering.
- Ashwagandha extract as Sensoril std. 8% Withanolides. Ashwagandha is a premium adaptogen aka an herb that’s meant to lower stress as well as give you a sense of calm. The sensoril brand is a popular form of ashwagandha known for its concentration and overall bioavailability.
- Theacrine as TeaCrine. Theacrine is a compound designed specifically for users who like caffeine, but hate the side effects. Theacrine allows the user to have access to caffeine-like energy boosts while also benefiting from the calming effects of theanine. The problem is, it’s really expensive especially when it comes in a branded form like TeaCrine. This explains why the dose isn’t as high as a typical caffeine dosage.
- Mucuna Pruriens std. 40% L-Dopa. Mucuna pruriens is better known as a testosterone booster, but since it’s standardized for L-Dopa, I can safely assume it’s meant to improve mood than our male hormone. The problem is, the dosage is lacking despite the really high concentration.
- Cayenne powder. Cayenne is a hot spice everyone loves to add to anything fried or with broth. At least I do. It generates heat as well as boost overall energy expenditure. While we’re skeptical about the dose, it’s known to work in 50 mg dosages.
- Yohimbine HCl. The purest form of yohimbe, yohimbine acts as a thyroid stimulant that boosts fat-burning hormone production. It also enhances the effects of caffeine, which explains why many users combine it in stim-burners. The dose shouldn’t be too bad given yohimbine is normally added in single-digit milligrams.
- Huperzine A. Huperzine A is a nootropic that amazingly works in tiny dosages of less than 1 gram. I kid you not. It’s known for brain chemical benefits, mental energy, and overall brain health.
- Black pepper as BioPerine std. 95% Piperine. BioPerine is the best form of black pepper you could ask for. It’s pure, potenty, and highly bioavailable. It’s capable of boosting absorption of every ingredient it comes in contact with. I normally praise supplements that contain black pepper, but I’m not so confident with what Performix SST gave us. It’s because of Huperzine A, an ingredient that works in small doses. As a standard, the dose for black pepper is usually 10 mg or at least 5 mg.
Diffusion Carrier Oil
This is what I think makes Performix SST unique. They actually set aside money for their “absorption” formula. Kinda weird, since they could’ve just spent more on dosing, but that’s how they roll.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides and Safflower oil std. 78% conjugated linoleic acid. Medium Chain Triglyceride is also known as your MCT oil. The thing with MCT oil is, the science around it as a weight loss aid is pretty good, especially if you’re on a keto diet. Safflower oil is known for its CLA content, a compound that greatly benefits the obese in terms of weight management. Problem is, oils in general are dose hogs or ingredients that only work in high dosages. I’d like to assume Performix SST invested at least 500 mg here because the label stated a total of 1 gram fat.
- Ginger CO2 Supercritical Extract supplying gingerols, zingerones, and shogaols. Ginger, like cayenne, also has some hot thermogenic properties. It boosts fat burning hormone production as well as blocks fat storage. Problem here is dosing, bros. I don’t know if we have enough, but I’m almost sure we don’t.
Performix SST Review: formula analysis
I am of the opinion that the first half of Performix SST’s blend is good as a fat burner, but the other half just has to go. The second “diffusion” half is just holding the entire formula back.
What I like:
As I already mentioned, the first half is okay. I like it, the ingredients are intelligently added, and the only real issue here is the prop blend and the dosing.
The combination of caffeine and yohimbine is popular for weight loss as they enhance each other’s benefits, the only drawback being they also enhance each other’s side effects.
The addition of Theacrine should act as a “second release” of energy which should help prevent crashing.
Adding black pepper was also a classy choice if I say so myself.
What I don’t like:
First: the prop blend. Like, what the hell Performix SST?! I paid premium for this! I at least want to know the dosages for each ingredient if I have to pay almost $60.00 for a few capsules.
I also greatly dislike the addition of their Diffusion blend. Like, you don’t need that to enhance the absorption and the overall effect of ingredients. I would have gladly liked it if Performix SST were able to add that as a separately dosed capsule or “support” product. With the way things are right now for Performix SST, the second half of the formula takes away at the potency of the first half.
I also don’t like the fact that it’s stim-driven since it’s a cheap way to claim your product as a fat burner.
In summary: Performix SST is literally a half and half fat burning supplement. The first half is what constitutes a good fat burner, while the other half is what makes a normal priced fat burner expensive. At least, that’s what I think. I imagine if they omitted the second half, the price wouldn’t have skyrocketed past $45.00.
What’s Missing from Performix SST?
Assuming we don’t omit the second half Performix SST, I would have gladly added something like synephrine to enhance the overall burn as well as take advantage of their “diffusion” blend. Another good addition would be chromium for an added appetite suppressant effect that also works in small doses.
So, does Performix SST work?
At the very least, Performix SST does work as a fat burner and does provide a good metabolic and thermogenic boost. It’s just too “fatty” and pricey for my liking.
Does Performix SST have a lot of caffeine?
The 250 mg caffeine should be high enough to get you through your workout. However, I also understand if that is too high since not many people are fond of drinking coffee in the first place.
So, is Performix SST any good or just hype?
Performix SST works, but to say it justifies the hype is reaching. It’s pricey, not as hot as it wants to be, and lost a lot of potential the moment it introduced this diffusion concept at the cost of proper dosages.
Performix SST Review: benefits for muscle
Performix SST should make for a great gym supplement regardless of your opinion on its diffusion blend. It’s stim-driven, so you should have enough energy to get you lifting and getting decent gains.
Who is Performix SST made for?
Performix SST was made for bros who like to use different types of supplements or experiment with formulas not really popular in the fitness industry. The market Performix SST consists of the curious and those looking for premium names as well.
And of course, those who have a lot of cash to spend. Because Performix SST ain’t cheap.
Performix SST Review: side effects
The combination of yohimbine and caffeine can have quite a number of side effects if left unchecked. For one, caffeine is known for its jitters and crash. If you’re particularly sensitive, it could also cause dizziness and sweats. Yohimbine is known to cause heart palpitations and a temporary increase in blood pressure.
Review: pros and cons
- Premium stack. The people behind Performix SST know their brand names.
- Unique fat burning formula. It’s weird, but the diffusion blend is unique to Performix SST.
- Max absorption. The diffusion blend should help with that.
- Diffusion blend. Messed with Performix SST’s overall potency.
- Dosing issues. It’s a prop blend because most of the ingredients are underdosed.
- Expensive af. I ain’t about to chuck $60 for this.
- 1 bottle (30 servings): $59.99
- Available online and in retail stores.
Performix SST Review: summary
Performix SST offers a unique take on weight loss by stacking a good and premium fat burning formula with a blend that’s meant to maximize absorption. I admire the innovative curiosity of the people behind this idea as well as the balls of the guy who greenlighted this. After all, the industry hates new stuff unless the big companies do it first.
The premium ingredients are worth paying for, but I don’t see sense in paying for the diffusion blend. For one, they could have just boosted the dosages for those ingredients or just add more black pepper. I also think Performix SST ended up reducing the dosing for their first blend to make room for the second blend.
Overall, Performix SST pushed the envelope on innovation and uniqueness and ended up losing a lot of heat in the process. It also made their product too expensive for its own good. In a sea of $30 to $40 “good” fat burners, Performix SST’s performance doesn’t justify the price tag it set.
Should you buy Performix SST? Only if you have extra money around or if you’re curious as to what their formula feels like. Other than that, I don’t recommend it.