Dr. Jim Stoppani is one of the world’s leading experts on exercise science, supplementation, and sports nutrition. So, it goes without saying that he probably knows what he’s doing when he launched his own supplement line JYM Supplement Science.
One of his most popular creations is Pre JYM pre workout, a supplement that seems to be his flagship product. It promises to deliver unreal results, combining the right ingredients with high quality dosing for each.
Is Pre JYM pre workout worth the hype, or is Dr. Stoppani just another quack? Check our Pre JYM pre workout review to find out!
About Pre JYM Pre Workout
Pre JYM pre workout is sold by JYM Supplement Science. The company is founded on the principles of creating supplements using real, high quality ingredients to deliver unbelievable results. With their Pre JYM pre workout, the company planned on revolutionizing the pre workout category.
- No prop blends here, bro.
- High quality names. Familiarity is always a good thing in this business.
- Only one flavor: Real men don’t buy pre workouts for the taste.
- Promises to deliver strength, focus, and pumps.
Pre JYM Pre Workout Review: nutrition label
Other Ingredients: Dextrose, Natural and artificial flavors, Calcium silicate, Sucralose, Acesulfame potassium, and FD&C Blue #1.
Why is PreFierce by TruFierce considered the #1 pre-workout right now? For starters there are zero proprietary blends, so you know exactly what you're putting in your body. Second, the formula is based on science. Every single ingredient is exhaustively research-backed, and dosed properly. Third, according to thousands of customers their signature gummy bear flavor is amazing. Benefits include:
- Insane muscle pumps
- Increased power and strength
- Supercharged energy without the crash
- Faster recovery time
- Boosts fat loss
- Laser focus
Directions: Mix 1 scoop of Pre JYM in 12-32 oz. of water and drink 30-45 minutes before workouts. Consider allowing Pre JYM to mix for 10-15 minutes before drinking. Also consider drinking it over the course of 15-30 minutes.
Pre JYM Pre Workout Review: ingredients list
So far into our Pre JYM review, the pre workout has a really clean slate. No misses yet, but this part of the Pre JYM review is meant to dissect the formula. Does Jim Stoppani actually know what he’s doing?
- Creatine HCl. We really like that they added 2 grams of the good stuff on the get go. Even the form they used is the type that is known for reduced bloating. It’s not as well studied (or regarded) as the monohydrate version, but we’re cool with this anyway.
- Beta-alanine. Available in the branded form of CarnoSyn, Beta-alanine is more of an endurance ingredient than a strength one if I say so myself. It can extend time to fatigue as well as be a factor in muscle recovery.
- This ingredient is excellent for gains, power, and pump! It increases nitric oxide circulation which results to explosive lifts.
- When combined with Citrulline, Taurine unleashes its pump-boosting benefits. And that dosage is really good, as most pre workouts often don’t add more than 250 mg.
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine. Also known as NAC, this compound boosts protein-building, muscle-protecting, and power-generating pathways. This also boosts the body’s most powerful antioxidant: Glutathione which can act as a sort of muscle-protector during intense gym days.
- Alpha GPC. Comes in the brand called AlphaSize. While Alpha GPC is a bonafide nootropic, as a pre workout it helps with focus and mental clarity.
- Citrulline Malate. My god! Six freaking grams! Bro, this is legit the best part of Pre JYM pre workout! It would be absolutely crazy if you didn’t get any pumps with this now!
- Beet root extract. Beet extract is more about increasing nitric oxide for pumps. Yeah bro, Pre JYM pre workout wants you to be pumped so hard you might just burst!
- Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine are BCAAs or Branched Chain Amino Acids. These ingredients are also collectively called “big gains” because BCAAs are known to trigger protein synthesis.
- While the form is not as good as Acetyl-L, the dosage makes us confident that it can still protect you from stress.
- At 300 mg, Pre JYM pre workout wants you to freaking wake up and do what you set out to do! Hot damn, this dosage is equivalent to more than three cups of brewed coffee. It doesn’t sound much, but keep in mind you’re taking this all in one tall glass.
- Huperzine A. Huperzine A is a nootropic that helps with brain power. While it’s known to work in small dosages, we think they should’ve added at least 200 mcg because 50 mcg is literally just a few specks.
- A premium form of black pepper, this ingredient is what many consider a universal staple in supplements due to how it effectively increases absorption of every ingredient. This makes even some miniscule doses seem effective.
What’s this issue that Pre JYM Pre Workout may cause cancer?
Back in 2015, some customers read the small text on the label which said something to the tune of “May contain cancer-causing ingredients.”
Shocking, I know.
However, this statement is taken out of context as this statement is seen in almost everything you buy in the state of California.
Why California? It’s all thanks to its 1986 California Proposition 65. The exact warning is:
“This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.”
If you go to California, you can literally see this statement plastered almost everywhere and on everything. Why? Proposition 65 requires businesses with more than 10 employees to issue a warning about their use of chemicals California has deemed cancerous and causative of birth defects and reproductive issues.
So yeah, it’s literally a California thing. You have nothing to worry about because chances are, you’re eating or using something every day that causes cancer.
Pre JYM Pre Workout Review: formula analysis
This is the part of the Pre JYM Pre Workout review where we try to figure out just what makes Pre JYM pre workout among the top pre workouts..
From the looks of things, Pre JYM pre workout is a straightforward pump-energy pre workout with a good bit of anti-stress ingredients mixed in.
The power ingredients are Creatine, Beta alanine, Betaine, and Citrulline. Any one of these at the right dosage is often considered great pre workouts already, but mixing them together at a combined dosage of 11.5 g makes this one hell of a power blend.
Bro, imagine lifting more than your usual.
The energy ingredients are Taurine and Caffeine. These two are the most common ingredients in energy drinks for a reason. At a dosage of 1 g and 300 mg respectively, you’ll be hard pressed to not be energized.
On the focus and anti-stress side of things, we have NAC, Alpha GPC, and Huperzine A. These three may not be dosed as much as their power and energy counterparts, but they should still grant you some nootropic benefits. And let’s not forget that Pre JYM pre workout is not meant to be taken for the brain.
Lastly, we have our supporting ingredients Beet extract, BCAAs, and Black pepper. Beet extract helps maximize nitric oxide production while BCAAs help your muscles recover faster and become bigger.
Rounding them all up is black pepper which boosts absorption of every ingredient in Pre JYM pre workout’s formula. And yes, even that 5 mg dosage is effective for a premium brand like BioPerine.
To be honest, it’s hard to nitpick any mistakes other than some shortcomings on dosage and forms. I actually know people who would argue with me regarding the best pre workouts in the industry and you bet Pre JYM is always considered among the top 5.
Massive strength, huge pumps, and a spark of energy all make Pre JYM pre workout one of my favorites so far.
So, overall I really like what Jim Stoppani did here. No nonsense ingredients, really good dosing, and attention to detail in terms of function and benefits allows Pre JYM pre workout to be one of the best in the business.
So, does Pre JYM Pre Workout work?
It checks all boxes in terms of what it claims to do: Driving energy, powerful pumps, Enhanced endurance, and a bit of focus.
Does Pre JYM Pre Workout have a lot of caffeine?
For most people, 300 mg of caffeine in one gulp is just too much. However, if you’re used to pre workouts, this dosing shouldn’t be all too worrying. We still insist on a max of 250 mg, though.
So, is Pre JYM pre workout any good or just hype?
There’s a good chance you only found out about Pre JYM pre workout because of a friend’s referral or due to customer reviews. And I’m telling you, those bros are worth keeping for life!
Pre JYM pre workout delivers lasting pumps, amazing energy, and endurance like no other. Taking Pre JYM pre workout almost always guarantees good results.
Pre JYM Pre Workout Review: benefits for muscle
Almost half the dosing is dedicated to muscle-boosting ingredients. You’ll get pumped, train longer, and lift heavier.
Who is Pre JYM Pre Workout made for?
It’s made for the bro who knows what a good supplement is made of and is serious when it comes to quality and dosing. It’s definitely not for bonafide newbies, though, as this might be a few grams too strong.
Seriously, if you’re new to supplements I advise against going for this on the get go. Your body may adjust well to any of the ergogenics found in this can.
Pre JYM Pre Workout Review: side effects
Some of the common side effects you have to worry about are bloating, itching, and the caffeine-related crash, palpitations, and jitters.
While creatine is indeed known to cause bloating (and makes you want to puke sometimes), in HCl form, it’s supposed to be a bit watered down. The branded form of beta alanine promises to reduce itching to more manageable levels.
The only thing we guarantee you will have problems on is the caffeine content as our Pre JYM review has found nothing to counter its side effects.
There’s also a chance of having stomach pains due to stimulants and some of the extracts in this formula. If that happens, my advice to you is to either scoop a lower dose and gradually increase until your body builds some tolerance.
Pre JYM Pre Workout Review: pros and cons
- Awesome ingredients. No BS additions!
- No blends needed to explain how they all just work together.
- No prop blends.
- Quality dosing. Makes use of each mg per scoop.
- Good price. It’s not expensive despite the quality of the product.
- Not much focus. I guess because they’re not a nootropic pre workout.
- Caffeine Side effects. They forgot to add the theanine to counter the effects.
- 1 Can (30 servings): $49.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Pre JYM Pre Workout Review: summary
When I was writing my Pre JYM Pre Workout review, I admit I didn’t think I was going to be blown away at what I would see. I thought Pre JYM Pre Workout would be one of those overhyped “decent” products, but I was wrong.
And I’m glad to be proven wrong.
Quality ingredients, generally above average dosing, and impressive synergy makes Pre JYM Pre Workout an elite among its category.
The only nitpicks I found was the lack of focus despite the promise and the high amounts of caffeine with no ingredient to counteract its side effects,
However, if you’re looking for a quality pre workout you can depend on, without all the BS marketing and commercials, look no further than Jim Stoppani’s Prey JYM Pre Workout.