When we’re talking about some of the best supplement companies in the world, you can’t make a list without saying Legion Athletics somewhere in that conversation. While I personally haven’t used their products, the people I lift with swear by this company.
And maybe they’re right. Because I got my hands on Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout and I’m telling you, I like what I see on the label. I also like what I see online with the reviews on forums and recommendations. It’s crazy, but I got a good feeling about this supplement.
Is Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout that kind of a beast pre workout or just another overhyped powder of nonsense and extras? Read my Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout review to find out!
About Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout
Legion Athletics is a supplement company that’s been a company even before half of my readers were born. They’re known for producing high quality supplements for all sorts of people. Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout is an all-natural pre workout that is claimed to be in clinically supported dosages.
- No prop blend. I expect no less from Legion Athletics.
- No fancy herbs. No wild cards, no surprise ingredients, just familiar ingredients.
- Huge serving: Bro, 24.88 g is massive. I’ve seen more, but damn.
- They support their claims with actual studies.
About the Founder: Mike Matthews
Mike Matthews, it’s founder, started Legion Athletics to fix the problem in the supplement industry: Too much marketing, too little substance. His line of supplements are all proudly based on scientific evidence and you can tell he invests in quality over quantity.
Mike also knows what he’s talking about as he himself is a bodybuilder, coach, and fitness program developer. He is also an author of popular fitness books Bigger Leaner Stronger and The Little Black Book of Workout Motivation.
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout Review: nutrition label
Other Ingredients: Advantitol Erythritol, Maltodextrin, Natural Flavors, Silica, Calcium, Silicate, Stevia (Stevia Rebaudiana) Lead Extract, Swerve (Erythritol Oligosaccharides, Natural Flavors), Red Beet Juice Powder (for color)
Directions: If this is your first time using PULSE, assess your individual tolerance by mixing 1 scoop with 10-12 ounces of water and consuming 15-30 minutes prior to exercise. If you experience any non-optimum effects, stop and consult your doctor. We recommend using 1 scoop 15-30 minutes prior to weight training or intense cardio, or 2 scoops (full clinical dosages) for intense weight training or cardio lasting longer than 45 minutes.
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout Review: ingredients list
The initial impression I have on Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout is without a doubt a positive one. Reputable company, reputable reviews, and I personally know people who actually would recommend Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout to me when I run out of my favorite pre workout.
But let’s get to the nitty gritty and check why Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout is getting all these positive feedback.
- Citrulline Malate. At 8 g, we have an insane citrulline dosage for insane pumps! So few pre workouts even have half as much of citrulline in their blend yet here we have Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout having 8 freaking grams of the good stuff. We’re off to a good start, bros!!!
- Beta Alanine as CarnoSyn. CarnoSyn is the most premium and bioavailable form of beta alanine, an ingredient known to generate strength and improve endurance. It also supports muscle recovery which is triple kill if I were to be honest.
- Betaine Anhydrous. A definite must-have if you’re planning on getting a mix of boosting metabolism and upgrading your raw muscle performance. Evidence says your liver loves it too.
- Ornithine HCl. Ornithine is actually the very compound the body requires to create citrulline. This augments Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout’s already potent pump-inducing citrulline dosage to new heights. As a bonus, it also kills fatigue.
- Taurine helps usher in water to cells for cellular hydration as well as have a good side effect for water-powered pumps.
- Caffeine & Theanine combo. We all know what caffeine does and at 350 mg, it’s a little too much even for a tough guy like me. Luckily, we have theanine at the SAME dosage too. That’s a big deal because theanine works best as a caffeine-side-effect absorber when you get it at a 1:1 ratio or equal dosing.
Writer’s note: To be honest, this formula is just about as good as a pre workout can get. The only thing Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout’s “missing” is creatine to become an elite among elites, but perhaps that will make it too expensive. I also add that even their other ingredients is pretty premium too, so the creatine will definitely just hike the price up.
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout vs Pulse Stim-Free
The wonderful thing about topnotch supplement companies is they have the budget and time to produce products for all sorts of people. In the case of Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout, Legion Athletics also offers a stim-free version.
Here’s what Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout Stim-Free is all about:
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout Stim Free offers similar ingredients with the exception of taurine, caffeine, and of course theanine. Alternatively, this blend has a branded form of Alpha GPC as AlphaSize. As you know, Alpha GPC is one of the best ingredients for brain health and brain boosting. In particular, Alpha GPC helps with focus and fights off stress, allowing for better attention to training.
So technically speaking, Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout is superior than its Stim-free counterpart as it provides more energy. However, if caffeine scares you (although it shouldn’t since Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout has a generous dose of theanine), the Stim-free version can still improve performance just not to the level of Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout.
To summarize that, choose Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout Stim-free if:
- You can’t stand caffeine.
- You like nootropics.
Other than those reasons, there’s really no valid excuse not to get the original Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout.
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout Review: formula analysis
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout is the kind of pre workout I like reviewing for three things:
- It’s from an elite supplement company.
- Designed with premium ingredients and scientific evidence.
- Thinks about what customers want.
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout has ample dosages for pumps, raw strength, endurance, and energy minus the side effects. The formula is THAT intelligent my bros.
Citrulline Malate, Ornithine, and even Taurine all help give you that pumped-up feeling we all love to have just before we lift. With over 12 g of pump ingredients, the only one who ain’t ready to get pumped is the dude who just shat his pants after seeing how pumped you are.
For energy and endurance, we have Beta alanine, Betaine, and the Caffeine-Theanine combo. Nothing can beat Beta alanine for muscle endurance and the fact that it comes in the form of CarnoSyn is even more impressive. Betaine acts as the supporting ingredient that sustains the chain of power while caffeine acts as your supercharged batteries with theanine blocking all the nasty stuff.
From top to bottom, Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout is almost without flaw. The only thing you could probably ask for to add to its already elite formula is maybe 3-5 g of creatine. Although personally, I get why some will find that a bit of an overkill. Regardless, good creatine is cheap enough, so stacking it with some definitely won’t put a hole through your wallet.
So, does Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout work?
Oh you bet it works! Premium ingredients meet scientific dosing. There’s virtually no reason for you not to feel power coursing through your veins with Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout.
Does Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout have a lot of caffeine?
The 350 mg punch of caffeine Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout gave us sounds like a you’re begging for a headache, but the thoughtful addition of theanine (at equal dose too) should help mitigate if not totally remove the side effects.
So, is Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout any good or just hype?
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout’s both really good and really hyped. I know people who carry this in their bag every day and swear on it. They’re super jacked and super smart, so I believe them.
Benefits and Side effects
Massive pumps, jolts of energy, and long-lasting endurance will help you get the bulk you’ve always wanted.
Definitely for the bros who don’t like any exotic herbals and just want quality ingredients in their quality dosages for a quality workout. No secret sauce, no magic powders, no questionable stimulants, just pure performance and energy.
The brand CarnoSyn says it reduces the itching associated with Beta alanine. The equal dosing of theanine should also help get rid of the nasty jitters, headaches, nausea, and crash caffeine is infamous for although there’s also a good chance you’re quite sensitive to it.
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout Review: pros and cons
- Nothing bad to hide.
- Super pumps. Pump it, pump it!
- Short and sweet. No fancy blends, no complexes, just work.
- Ingredients weren’t just added randomly.
- Good dosing. It’s clearly superior to most elite supplements.
- One serving is potent. Double-dosing is not required, bro.
- Creatine stack. You can just mix this in and it will be perfect.
- Premium others. The other ingredients also come in premium forms.
- Side effects. Even with theanine, caffeine might still punch you.
- Too generic. Some users looking for something new or dangerous may find it boring.
- A bit pricey. Well, quality ain’t cheap.
- 1 Can (21 servings): $40.00
- Buy 5 for a 10% discount.
- Available online and in retail stores
- Flavors: Fruit Punch, Blue Raspberry, Watermelon, Green Apple, Grape, Pink Lemonade, Cherry Limeade, Tropical Punch
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout Review: summary
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout can give you massive pumps, long-lasting endurance, and incredible energy with a buffer that shields you from side effects. Clinical dosing meets quality ingredients, that’s what Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout is all about.
Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout is a cut above the ones who are a cut above the rest. I’ve seen some of the best this industry has to offer and for something like Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout to come out with an intelligent pre workout formula just blew my mind. The fact that it’s also older than some of the products I’ve reviewed just shows how high quality products can withstand the test of time despite innovations and the latest shiny objects.
The only nitpicks bros would have are the lack of nootropics, lack of creatine, lack of something exciting/exotice, and of course the price tag. But in all honesty, I actually wouldn’t mind buying Legion Athletics Pulse Pre-Workout even with those flaws. It’s that awesome, bro.