The hype around superheroes has never been to high ever since Marvel introduced superheroes on the big screen. Because of that hype, many supplement companies are now trying to ride on the superhero bandwagon and angle their marketing and supplement names. One of these supplements is Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout.
Judging by the name and the flavors, Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout is not one to be ashamed of saying “Hey, we know you like superheroes, so we made something totally relatable!”
I don’t really care much about how a product markets itself so long as the formula is in line with the claims and expectations. With that said, the name “superhuman” has a lot of weight on it.
Can Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout’s formula come out on top or buckle under the pressure of branding and marketing? Check my Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout review to find out!
About Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout prides itself as a supplement formulated for gym enthusiast who are after something that has maximum dosing and provided more than a hundred percent in terms of performance. They also specifically designed it to make people accuse users of being a fake natty. Yeah, it’s that strong according to them.
On top of their superhuman claims, they also strongly recommend to never taking more than one scoop per gym day. Judging by the serving size and some of the doses I saw, I think they’re on the mark with that recommendation.
- Huge dosing. They made sure you notice that everywhere on their page and label.
- Transparent blend. Nothing to hide here, bro.
- Anti-Crash Matrix. Will the addition of theanine make a difference?
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout Review: nutrition label
Other Ingredients: Natural and Artificial Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Calcium Silicate, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Blue #1
Don’t be the FOOL who overdoses on pre workout! You NEVER need to take more than one scoop! Mix SUPERHUMAN with 12-16 ounces of water and drink 15-30 minutes before lifting things up, and putting them down repeatedly.
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout Review: ingredients list
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout doesn’t hold back with its super potent formulation designed to provide superhuman levels of energy, pump, and raw strength! I’m seeing a lot of really good ingredients here, bro, and I’m damn excited to show you each one!
Vitamins and Minerals
I just have to mention that Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout’s B12 is the premium form and dosed really, really good at 500 mcg. While a complete B-complex would’ve been better, I appreciate the premium addition of this type of B12.
Superhuman Energy Matrix
This blend is composed of four stimulants and I’m pretty sure two of them are really controversial.
- Coming in at a manageable dose of 275 mg, it’s only 25 mg higher than my max so it’s all good. This dose shouldn’t have any real adverse effect unless you are super sensitive to super stimulation.
- Infinergy DiCaffeine Malate (75% Caffeine). This form of caffeine is meant to act as a “slow release” type of energy source, guaranteeing an energy boost that won’t cause a crash and is sustainable for a long gym time.
- 2-aminoisoheptane. This is also known as octodrine. It’s a really good stimulant that enhances focus, suppresses appetite, and pretty much lets you work beyond fatigue. It’s also not for competition, bro. So yeah, don’t take this when competing.
- N-Methyltyramine HCl. Without going too technical, this is a sort of fat burner that tweaks the thyroid to produce more adrenaline. The problem is just like octodrine, it’s also banned in sport.
Superhuman Pump Matrix
This blend has almost half the overall serving size of Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout and you damn know this gon’ be some good shit, bro!
- Citrulline Malate. At 7 grams, there’s really a lot of pumps to expect from the best ingredient for nitric oxide boosting.
- Taurine helps with pumps in a way that it uses water instead of nitric oxide. It makes the cells “fat” with water and provides a weaker yet more sustainable pump effect. I can see this providing a “long term” pump effect for Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout.
- Nitrosigine (inositol arginine silicate). This popular nitric oxide booster may be coming in at a less than ideal dose of 750 mg, but as pump support, I think it’s okay.
- S7 (Green Coffee Bean extract, green tea extract, turmeric extract, tart cherry, blueberry, broccoli, kale). It’s just 100 mg, so I’m assuming this is your “health” blend. Not sure about the angle on pump, but I do know this blend is good for you.
Superhuman Strength Matrix
This strength blend only contains two ingredients, but with a total dose of 5.5 grams. Now this is what I call superhuman potency!
- Beta alanine. At 3.5 grams, get ready to feel itchy as you power your way through each rep! With that dosage, you’ll also have the benefit of enhanced muscle recovery.
- Betaine anhydrous. This compound works like arginine and beta alanine in that it helps with improving the pump effect while at the same time delaying muscle fatigue. The 2 gram dosage is pretty good if I may say so myself.
We all need something to prevent the crash, right?
- The 350 mg dose is good enough to at least reduce the jitters and presumably even the effects of the crash itself.
Superhuman Absorption Matrix
The formula is already potent, but adding a blend specifically to enhance absorption is such a great display of customer focus.
- Black pepper extract. Rounding it all up is black pepper extract, the best ingredient for maximum absorption of just about every ingredient known in the supplement industry. It’s standardized to a potent 95% piperine, the active compound you want in any black pepper extract.
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout Review: formula analysis
I am really, really impressed with Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout’s formula. It is definitely nothing short of superhuman. Packed with nitric oxide boosters, endurance and strength enhancers, and really good energy that may or may not be too much for you. Let me analyze each blend.
- Superhuman Energy Matrix. I’m into using the ingredients for maximum stimulation, but I’m also going to be one of the people who might not dip my hands into your product due to the banned substances here. I’m not competing, but I’m not the type who likes to take risks. I’m totally fine with caffeine and really impressed with the Infinergy ingredient and their doses, though.
- Superhuman Pump Matrix. Hands down the best thing about this entire formula. That’s almost 8 grams of pump in one serving, bro. The only questionable addition is your mini S7 blend because I don’t think it works the way you think it does.
- Superhuman Strength Matrix. A really powerful mix of strength and endurance enhancers. Plus points for the added benefit on muscle recovery and growth.
- Anti-Crash Matrix and Superhuman Absorption Matrix. I can’t say much other than thank you. I definitely was looking for this the moment you showed me your energy blend.
I like what Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout did here. It’s almost well rounded, too. The only angle missing is the nootropic, but you can say the “banned” stuff covers for that indirectly. Still, an actual, non-risky nootropic would’ve been so much better. At least, it will help you sell your product to a broader audience.
So, does Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout work?
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout works almost too good, bro. I’m inclined to think the energy blend can be a little too stimulating for some due to octodrine and methyltyramine.
Does Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout have a lot of caffeine?
The caffeine is really manageable at 275 mg. Then you also have 350 mg of theanine which is really helpful for mitigating the side effects.
So, is Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout any good or just hype?
It’s definitely worth the hype and then some. Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout delivers on their promise of superhuman formulation and I can see why people flock to it.
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout Review: benefits for muscle
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout can provide more than enough pumps to last you all day, bro. Like seriously, that’s a lot of nitric oxide in one serving. Then you also have the muscle recovery and gains ingredients in the form of beta alanine and betaine.
Who is Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout made for?
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout is formulated for the lifter who’s tired of the safe, generic stuff they see everyday. That lifter wants something strong, potent, and risky because that lifter wants to become more than the average gym brute.
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout Review: side effects
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout ‘s side effects will mostly come from stimulants and a bit from beta alanine.
For the stimulants, caffeine’s common side effects like jitters and crashing should be well mitigated by the addition of theanine. It’s not the case with Octodrine and Methyltyramine as they are known to have palpitations and even cases of elevated blood pressure. I don’t think theanine can cover for those side effects, but then again the doses aren’t that high.
For beta alanine, you will most likely feel itchy or tingling sensation, but that’s the price we all pay for good dosing.
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout Review: pros and cons
- Massive dosing. They weren’t holding back when they said superhuman doses.
- 8+ grams of pump. Lift each barbell like it’s never been lifted before.
- Reduced side effects. Theanine is always welcome in stim-based pre workouts.
- Good recovery benefits. Beta alanine and betaine in working doses = good stuff!
- Banned substances. Not illegal per se, but just not allowed in sports.
- A bit pricey. Quality shit ain’t cheap, bros.
- Generic stuff. They used brands in minor ingredients.
- 1 bottle (21 servings): $43.00
- Flavors: Hulk Juice (Sour Gummy Bear), Unicorn Juice (Rainbow Sherbert), Orange Gainsicle (Orange Creamsicle), Kandy Kryptonite (Cotton Candy), Krueger Kiwiberry (Kiwi Blueberry)
- Available online and in retail stores
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout Review: summary
So many products promise a lot of performance and lifting benefits, yet only a handful actually get to walk the walk. This makes supplements like Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout a silver lining in an industry that’s slowly veering away from real quality and instead budgeting for ads and brand ambassadors.
Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout’s promises on giving insane energy, massive pumps, raw strength, and decent focus are accurate upon analyzing what the formula gives. The only real issue I have on Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout is the presence of banned substances.
Whether you’re competing or not, banned substances will always serve as a deterrent from a potential purchase. Lucky for a lot of companies, most consumers don’t know anything about banned stuff.
If taking something with a little bit of controversy sits well with you, then by all means buy Alpha Lion SUPERHUMAN pre-workout.