Elite bodybuilders are some of the best examples of what the human body is capable of achieving when discipline is the number one priority. Because they know how to sculpt their body, it’s safe to say they probably know a thing or two when it comes to formulating a supplement.
Case in point is the Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout. And you read that right: Ronnie Coleman personally vouches for this supplement by adding his name on it. If that isn’t credibility, I don’t know what is.
Can the Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout perform at an elite level like the elite bodybuilder himself, or is this just another one of those supplements that bought the rights to a popular bodybuilder’s name?
Read my Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout review to find out.
About Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout review
Ronnie Coleman is an elite bodybuilder. He has competed in many professional bodybuilding contests and have many championship belts to show for it. He’s retired now, but many new pros look up to him.
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout is described as an “Extreme Energy” pre workout. It’s also an improvement to its previous formula based on the webpage. It promises a lot of focus and even a non-crash formula. There is definitely caffeine here, so this claim needs to be analyzed.
- 4 grams citrulline. Damn, son. That’s a good start to a formula if I ever saw one.
- 1 scoop only. That’s the promise in their bottle. Just one scoop is enough to get you everything you need.
- Caffeine blend. A small prop blend for caffeine? I wonder what this is about.
- Ronnie Coleman. His name and credibility is on the line.
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout Review: nutrition label
Other Ingredients: Natural & Artificial Flavors, Silica, Sucralose, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, & FD&C Red No. 40.
As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop of Yeah Buddy in 8-12 oz of water. To assess tolerance on first use mix 1/2 scoop with 4-6 oz of water. Do not exceed daily recommended dose of 1 scoop. Use in conjunction with a proper diet and exercise regimen to maximize results.
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout Review: ingredients list
Anyone who has at least a little bit of brain matter know how authentic Ronnie Coleman is as a bodybuilder. This makes me excited to review his personally formulated pre workout, because if anyone knows how to make a great pre workout, it’s an actual pro.
Other than the fact that Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout is created by an awesome bodybuilder, another trait that’s got me excited is the fact that it’s purported to be a short yet concentrated stack. The guarantee of “1 scoop only” is definitely a claim I want to put to the test.
- Citrulline Malate. Citrulline Malate is the ultimate pump ingredient, optimizing nitric oxide production that allows your body to maximize vascularity, blood flow, and lifts. At 4 grams, we have a really good dose. I’ve seen more in other pre workouts, but what Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout has here is enough to drive the heavy iron up and down multiple times.
- Beta Alanine. Beta alanine is one of the best ingredients in pre workouts. Seriously; I’ve reviewed hundreds of pre workouts before and I can’t remember the last time I saw a pre workout without beta alanine. What it does for you is increase muscle endurance as well as delay muscle fatigue. The 2 gram dosage is within the average range.
- Choline Bitartrate. This is quite a disappointment. Choline is a brain compound that is pretty much used in brain processes such as focus and memory retention. The sad thing is, we have choline in its poorest form and by poorest I mean the least bioavailable. The 550 mg dosage is okay, but it would’ve been so much better if Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout used at least 1 gram if we were to stick with bitartrate.
- Sustained Release Caffeine Blend
- While we may have caffeine in a mini prop blend, it’s still safe to assume that we have at least 210 mg if we’re to go with a 50:50 ratio. At 210 mg, it’s a tolerable dose that should reduce the risks of incurring side effects.
- This branded form of caffeine is a form that provides pretty much the same effects of caffeine, but this time in a slow-released manner. The people behind Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout say this ingredient helps prevent the crash.
- Synephrine as Advantra Z. Hot damn! Synephrine is a powerful ingredient for fat burning and energy boosting, but to have it both at 200 mg and as the best brand of Advantra Z is a sign of quality and potency.
- Theacrine as 40% TeaCrine. Theacrine is a compound that combines the energy boosting effects of caffeine and the anti-caffeine properties of theanine. The 100 mg is pretty good considering we already have a sort of anti-caffeine in the form of Encapfeine.
- Methylliberine as 40% Dynamine. Dynamine is a branded form of methylliberine, a natural stimulant that works like Theacrine, but at a much faster rate and absorption. It also lingers in your system longer, giving you better sustained energy.
- Adhatoda Vasica extract. This nifty little herb is more of a blood circulation booster as it helps improve oxygen intake. Better oxygen intake leads to higher performance.
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout Review: formula analysis
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout is definitely formulated by a pro, especially because of the type of stimulants we’re presented with. That’s the thing with bodybuilders; whether they like it or not they will have to use stimulants if they want the best performance.
Here’s what to expect from Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout:
- Massive pumps and endurance. The combination and good dosing of citrulline malate and beta alanine sets you up for a real good time inside the gym. The citrulline malate in particular can help you break past your plateau. Beta alanine also takes care of your muscles as a muscle recovery ingredient. The Adhatoda is also a great add for that little
- Great, sustainable energy. Ronnie Coleman made sure to pack his flagship pre workout with stimulants that not only energizes you, but also helps prevent any unwanted side effects. I’ve never seen this type of design before; the most I encounter are caffeine and theanine stacks. While I do enjoy the intelligence invested for energy, I also feel like it’s overkill.
As admirable as Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout formula is, they wasted the opportunity to have a better choline form. Choline bitartrate just sucks and elite supplement companies don’t use it unless they’re selling a low-cost brand.
They did make it up with the branded form of Synephrine as Advantra Z. I’ve had good experiences with that brand and it really does help with burning fat for energy. The 200 mg dosage is also something to admire, as most companies add this with a 50 mg limit.
With all the praises, I like to point out the lack of B-vitamins. B-vitamins are amongst the most depleted during exercise, and Ronnie Coleman should talk to his researchers and make sure they add a generous dosing of B-vitamins if they re-release this product.
So, the angle Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout took here is pumps meets energy. It’s a basic concept, yet so many brands fail to make it optimal. As far as pumps and energy are concerned, I say Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout did Ronnie Coleman’s name well.
So, does Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout work?
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout will give you great pumps and a shit ton of energy with the side effects significantly mitigated. Even with only a little help from the nootropic side of things, by the end of the day a pre workout is all about strong lifts and lots of energy.
Does Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout have a lot of caffeine?
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout’s caffeine content is technically hidden, but it’s safe to assume that it’s adequately dosed. Even if it’s beyond my 250 mg threshold, the availability of anti-caffeine ingredients like Encapfeine and Theacrine shouldn’t worry you too much with regards to side effects.
So, is Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout any good or just hype?
The hype around Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout is justified. Only, they really have to fix their angle on focus as choline bitartrate ain’t winning them any awards.
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout Review: benefits for muscle
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout is a supplement carrying the name of one of the best in the bodybuilding business. You can put your trust on the fact that Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout can give your muscles the kind of pump and energy it’s never felt before. The addition of beta alanine also helps with muscle recovery, which means you’ll be back for more gym time in no time.
Who is Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout made for?
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout is definitely marketed for fans of Ronnie Coleman. The supplement carries his name after all, and his name serves as a guarantee for quality you can trust.
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout Review: side effects
Beta alanine’s itching side effect is a possibility, but the 2 gram dosage shouldn’t make you scratch too much. The pure caffeine dosage is a mystery, but I think it’s safe to say we won’t be having problems with side effects given the presence of Theacrine and Encapfeine. Then again, if you’re extra sensitive then there’s a good chance you might feel some jitters and a slight crash.
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout Review: pros and cons
- Transparent blend. Ronnie Coleman isn’t hiding nothing..
- Good serving size. Really ideal for the number of ingredients.
- Intelligent formula. There is a lot of synergy going on here, bros.
- Massive pumps. Citrulline paired with beta alanine. A classic move!
- High quality shit. Mostly branded forms of some of the best ingredients.
- Clean energy. Their claim on no crashing can actually be real.
- Good pricing. The price tag is fair for what it gives you.
- Needs creatine. Then again, maybe it will become too expensive.
- Change the choline. Choline bitartrate is an eyesore in this supplement.
- Where’s the B Complex? That’s a necessary ingredient.
- 1 Can (30 servings): $29.99
- Available online and in retail stores
- Flavors: Cherry Limeade, Strawberry Lemonade, Sourberry, Green Apple
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout Review: summary
I think I gave Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout a fair shake. The ingredients were mostly great, the dosing was on point, and there is clear evidence of synergy especially with its caffeine blend.
Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout can get you pumped up and filled with the kind of energy that won’t hurt you after you’re done using it, even though I think their energy blend is a bit of an overkill.
As with all supplements, nothing is ever truly perfect and Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy Pre workout could use a bit of a tweaking. Nevertheless, it’s still a great pre workout to have and I dare say Ronnie Coleman is definitely a name you can trust.